Monday, February 8, 2010

Welcome to Get Well


I’d like for Get Well!! to be an inspiring place to share and learn about raw foods. My intention is to approach the raw food diet, as everything else in my life, I eat raw because it makes me feel great, and I just LOVE its vibrant intensity.

I intend mostly to share with you my favorite recipes and tips, along with some energetic facts around raw food!!

The raw food diet is a diet based on unprocessed and uncooked plant foods, such as fresh fruit and vegetables, sprouts, seeds, nuts, grains, beans, nuts, dried fruit, and seaweed.Heating food above 116 degrees F is believed to destroy enzymes in food that can assist in the digestion and absorption of food. Cooking is also thought to diminish the nutritional value and "life force" of food.

Around the world, a revolution is quietly occurring as people switch to "raw food" far from just boring salads, living cuisine consists of a creamy and crunchy dishes such as burritos, lasagna, pizza, sushi, and apple pie- all cleverly created from fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and sprouted grains.

The highly processed, cooked foods of the standard American Diet (SAD) contribute to lethargy, obesity, and disease. Just by adding a small percentage of Raw food to the SAD, people lose weight and feel better.

In 2004, Medical News Today reported raw food as one of the seven most popular diets in the world. Google.com has 33,000,000 million sites devoted to
this style of eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails